Wednesday 14 May 2014

Early days in the mystical land of Switzerland

Some people say it’s pristine; I say it’s a collective effort that is continuous…

I would call myself self proclaimed nomad or gypsy (a wanderer by heart and act). My reference to the clan would have rightly given you an idea that yet again this person has changed the place of living. Yeah! We have yet again changed our place from the comfort and daily chaos of our beloved homeland to a far off land surrounded by the magnificent Alps.

Couple of weeks back, I was listening to an interview where some esteemed guest shared his perspective on the advantages of uncomfortable state. He said and I rephrase, “being uncomfortable is a good thing because it sets you up for a challenge. It tests your grit and endurance thereby making you a more rationale and logical human being.” I absolutely second those sentiments.

Having agreed to the views, I also feel that uncomfortable state creates a sort of unsettling feeling in a person that if not handled well can lead to panic situations. It is therefore important that when you are in a new place (where everything is so new and different for you), follow these simple rules:

Observe things (practically everything big or small)--- Understand how people react and interact -----Engage in small talks ----Reach out to people for help ----Cultivate the art of listening

Oh! It is always so easy to preach, but honestly I am sharing the same unsettling feeling. But for now, I have decided to tactfully overcome this unsettling feeling and concentrate on the positives that the place has to offer.

So far, I have just experienced the NATURE of the place and that too from the inside of the glass wall of my home. The place or the neighbourhood is endowed with natural beauty. I can see lush green cover, curvy mountains that gets flattened in between and blocks of roof houses (mostly) with chimneys nicely sitting on top. I am able to hear birds chirping and church bells ringing every now and then. I am able to sense my closeness to nature. (See the picture on your right. It’s a representation of how the outside looks like from the inside of our home. This is all I could manage with my crude artistic and perspective view ability.)

It is wonderful to see how nature and human can still be together and thrive in harmony. In the world, where humans are demolishing the old architecture, deforesting the green covers and unearthing ground only to create an even sleeker looking building (or minaret), this place has done a fabulous job of balancing the two worlds – man and nature.


These are my early days in this mystical land… and the journey has just begun.

Khushboo 

No comments:

Post a Comment